This simple heat sensor circuit could senses heat from various electronics device like computer, amplifier etc. and generate warning alarm. It could senses heat from environment also, but here I mention “electronics device” because it is being using mostly in electronic device to protect them from overheat.
Circuit diagram of heat sensor:
|Fig-1: Schematic Circuit Diagram Of Heat/Temperature Sensor|
Thermistor, 110 Ohms:
|Fig-2: 110 Ohms Thermistor|
As it is a heat sensor circuit, here a thermistor is used as a heat sensor. It is a thermal measurement device and has a variety of usages including temperature sensor/ heat sensor. The thermistor used in this circuit is a NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) type thermistor. When temperature increases, its resistance goes decrease. Therefore, NTC thermistor’s resistances are inverse of temperature.
Circuit Description:You have seen, in this simple circuit diagram of heat sensor, a few number of components is used including a BC548 transistor, a 110 ohms thermistor etc.
- BC548: BC548 is a TO-92 type NPN transistor, as its alternative you can use 2N2222, BC238, BC548, BC168, BC183 etc. they all have almost same characteristic.
- 110 Ohms Thermistor: A 110 Ohms thermistor is used to detecting heat. I have told already about it.
- Buzzer: A buzzer is used with +9V and collector of transistor. When the temperature/ heat exceeds a certain level then it make an alarm.
- 4.7V Zener diode: It is used to limit the emitter current of BC548.
- 9V Battery: A 9V battery is used as a single power source.
- R1, R2: A 3.3K 1/4w resistor is used as R1 and 100 ohms 1/4w as R2.
- Switch: Here in this circuit the switch used is a simple SPST switch. You can either use the switch or not, choice is yours. It is not mandatory.